This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by Website Planet (www.websiteplanet.com)
C. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths; information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with cortexfutura.com;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on cortexfutura.com—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to my emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on cortexfutura.com; information that is generated while using cortexfutura.com, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through cortexfutura.com, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to cortexfutura.com with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to me by email or through cortexfutura.com, including its communication content and metadata; any other personal information that you send to me.
Before you disclose to me the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
D. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to me through this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. I may use your personal information for the following:
- administering cortexfutura.com and my business;
- personalizing cortexfutura.com for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on cortexfutura.com;
- sending you goods purchased through cortexfutura.com;
- supplying services purchased through cortexfutura.com;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you my email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require the newsletter, in particular but not limited to using the "Unsubscribe" link at the end of every newsletter email);
- sending you marketing communications relating to my business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which I think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about my users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to cortexfutura.com;
- keeping cortexfutura.com secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of cortexfutura.com (including monitoring private messages sent through cortexfutura.com private messaging service); and other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on cortexfutura.com, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on cortexfutura.com and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party's direct marketing.
E. Disclosing personal information
I may disclose your personal information to any of my employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information to any member of my group of companies (this means my subsidiaries, my ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that I am (or am contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transfers
Information that I collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which I operate in order to enable me to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that I collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India. Personal information that you publish on cortexfutura.com or submit for publication on cortexfutura.com may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section F.
G. Retaining personal information
This Section G sets out my data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with my legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that I process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, I will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- if I believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
H. Security of your personal information
I will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through cortexfutura.com will be protected by encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing cortexfutura.com confidential; I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to cortexfutura.com).
I may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on cortexfutura.com. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email .
J. Your rights
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. I will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary.
I may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct me at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K. Third party websites
cortexfutura.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and am not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let me know if the personal information that I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The names of the cookies that we use on cortexfutura.com, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below: I use Google Analytics on cortexfutura.com to: recognize a computer when a user visits the website, track users as they navigate the website, improve the website’s usability, analyze the use of the website, prevent fraud and improve the security of the website, personalize the website for each user. I use MailChimp on cortexfutura.com to collect email addresses for my newsletter and to ask explicitly for further information about you to personalize my emails and information for you. I use formspree.io to power the Contact-Form on the Contact page.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on cortexfutura.com.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.